Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Paying it forward

Last night I returned home from Minnesota and my six month post-transplant follow up. I received A+ from all the doctors and they are considering my tranplant a success. They told me that they feel like I am hitting my stride and this thing is going to last me awhile. We now have a new mission.........

Tara and I have started a non-profit. The Lee Johnson Kidney Foundation. The LJKF is a non-profit 501(c)(3) that is raising money to help kidney transplant patients in Maui and beyond. We want to work with transplant recipients, donors, families and their friends. Tara and I realized that this gift that I received started with what Erica gave to me but it went so far beyond that from donations, gifts, phone calls, emails and tons of motivation and support. We want to offer that to other families that are facing this difficult time and be there for them however we can.

We are in the process of helping our first family and we're excited!! More details soon. We have to work out privacy issues

Thanks so much to the people that have already donated time and effort to our cause. There will be so many families over the years that will appreciate what you are doing and will be able to live and see life in a whole new way.

Keep posted for our website and facebook page and of course the ways that you can donate. We would love for you to donate any time, money, or ideas. We are here for one reason......show Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment